Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Internet K-Hole

So there's this blog that posts only a few times a year, called the Internet K-Hole.  I discovered it sometime in 2013, and believe me, it's easy to get sucked in for a long time looking at all of those old photos they dredge up.  Most of them are from the 80's, give or take a few years.  Lots of mohawks, mullets, and feathered hair.  Some of the pictures are (very) NSFW.  Be warned.  But they are only a small percentage and you can zoom past them if you don't like it.  The rest of the photos are worth it!

This morning I saw that they had a new post up - I didn't go look, because I had to get to work and I knew it would be a nice treat to look through in the evening.  You always have the feeling that the next photo could be somebody you know - an old photo dredged up and scanned, lurking somewhere on the internet.

I never really expected a photo of myself!  HAHA!!!

I'm scrolling down, looking at the various shots of boys with skateboards and girls with feathered hair (with a few shots of boobs and other more explicit activities), when all of a sudden - THAT'S ME!!!  And my kid!!!  And a giant yellow snake!!!



Old polaroid of me and Nolan with a giant snake draped around us


The Polaroid is still on our fridge!  This photo was taken in 2005 when the Reptile Man visited the library.  I love it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how did the photo get utilized by K-hole?

Librarianguish said...

They had to have gotten it from my Flickr account. I figure the person that does the blog fishes around the internet for whatever they can find. They don't do link backs or attributes, but in this case I don't mind. It's kind of an honor of sorts...

You Get The Picture said...

:-)) is this only for US residents ?? (or shall I be scared) anyway, cute photo and I happen to love snakes!

Librarianguish said...

I think the photos can come from anywhere - be afraid! hahaha