Sunday, January 12, 2014

Dark days, good food...

It was another dark and dreary day here today.  The winds are gone - and I'm very happy to report we did not lose any shingles off of the roof.  The wind blew for a while from the direction that gave us a bit of grief before, but no new losses.  We MUST get a new roof this year.

The rain, on the other hand, has settled in and isn't going anywhere for a while.  It's one of those drizzly clouds that descends to ground surface and just SITS.  At least I knew in advance that the afternoon walk with the dog would be wet, unlike yesterday when I failed to outrun the incoming squall.  It's hard to get excited about going outdoors when it's so yucky out there.

It never got completely light today.

On the bright side, we do have a very good meal ahead!  Michael is making something that we haven't had since December of 2011!

Osso buco.  Here you can see how lovely it is, from the first time we ate it.  I was skeptical, as I had never had veal before.  I changed my mind real quick though!



What's for dinner?  Osso buco!


Here's the recipe that Michael follows when he cooks it:  OSSO BUCO


That will brighten up the day!

No comments: