Sunday, May 9, 2021

Time flies by

Five days to go and I will be fully vaccinated!  I got my second shot a week ago Friday, felt like garbage on Saturday, and it's all been great since then.  Other than my normal spring allergies, they can go away please.  Among other things, I noticed the Scotch Broom along the freeway is blooming now, yippee.

When Michael sweeps the porch this time of year the pollen creates quite a pile.  No wonder I have issues. 




It's worth it though.  Our yard looks great right now!

I spent some time in the garden today, cleaning up the bed next to the house on the north side.  It was great to be outside again after a few days of rain.  Rowland loves hanging out with me while I work.  I was weeding along the edge of the trailer and heard him fussing around.  I thought he had gotten into the trailer but no - he was under it!




I have a ridiculously busy week ahead at work.  I'm just going to have to power through.

There are things I want to write about but it's getting late and I had better be well rested tomorrow to start the hell week.  Waaaaaaay too much of my time will be spent on Zoom.  I don't know about you, but I'm really bloody sick of Zoom.  It's not done with us yet by any means though.

Mary Jo Salter has written some sonnets about life with Zoom.  Here's a sample.

Zoom Rooms

Nose-scratches broadcast, thoughts shrunk to an icon
or two (Clap, Thumbs Up), and if you leave your mic on
while others talk, your faintest sighing framed
in gold light like a vanity mirror? Named
on your little tile, you can’t slip out unseen.
Self-surveilled, your eye contact onscreen
seems off. Don’t look at people! Focus where
the tiny camera is that proves you’re there.

I'm not much into poetry, but these really hit home.  Via On the Commons.





No comments: